Here at Paddl, we are passionate about empowering the world to never stop learning. We believe that diversity is at the heart of innovation and our greatest cultural asset. Participation and career advancement should not be based on gender, social, physical, geographical or personal circumstances.
This week, in celebrating International Women's Day, we’re sharing valuable ways to unlock opportunity and acknowledge the inspiring women who make up our global community. Those who are thriving in their careers and who demonstrate a commitment to infinite learning.
2021's theme #ChooseToChallenge puts the onus on each of us to stay alert, celebrate women's achievement, raise awareness against bias and take action for equality. The Paddl Team raise their hands for the challenge. Do you? 🙋♀️
Recognising women's skills across 103 countries
Our diverse global community of 23,000+ Paddl.com users come from 103 countries across six continents - including Australia and Oceania, Asia, Europe, North America, South America and Africa.
Women, who make up over 50%, demonstrate an ongoing commitment to stay work ready in our ever-changing world and be recognised for their skills and capabilities.
15% of women hold (or are studying) more than one tertiary qualification or degree.
Further, women are focusing on the skills that matter. As the world moves to remote learning and working, five of the top soft skills held by women in our community are considered critical in 2021. These are:
4️⃣ Problem solving
5️⃣ Critical thinking
This devotion to learning and developing 'future skills' puts women at the forefront to unlock opportunity and drive lasting change.
🗝 Unlocking Opportunity
As the world seeks to build more inclusive conversations and workplaces, there is an ever-growing number of experiences available to women to grow and develop into the next generation of future leaders. These recognise that people learn in different ways. Here are some of our favourites....
1. Join an online community
There are a bunch of incredible spaces where women can connect - both in person and virtually. We are all in this together!
Some of our recommended open and online communities include:
- Girls in Tech - find your local chapter and start discovering training, workshops, resources, digital events and more.
- Business Chicks - access networking and masterclasses to upskill and network.
- League of Extraordinary Women - Join 100,000+ women entrepreneurs.
2. Complete an online course
Bite-sized short courses help you sharpen your skills of the future, without spending big money or committing months of your life to learning new things from qualified teachers.
Our preferred providers, offering tailored content for woman leaders include:
- Build Like a Woman - a digital platform with six units designed to help you create your brand, business and life.
- Bank of America Institute for Women's Entrepreneurship at Cornell - gain the knowledge and resources to found and scale your business.
- Goldman Sachs - the 10,000 Women business education program is free-to-access and teaches you all the fundamentals of running a business.
3. Explore accelerators and mentoring
Kickstart your career development or take your innovative idea to the next level with these woman-focused experiences:
- Startmate - fellowship programs supercharge the most ambitious women.
- Atto Pre-Accelerator Program - an online course designed to help founders create tech companies in an independent, scalable and sustainable way.
- Mentor Walks - get matched with a leading CEO, Director, Executive or Founder.
Sign up to Paddl.com to join our global community of empowered infinite learners.
Paddl.com is your place to capture, record, discover and apply for experiences. The Paddl Experience Profile is designed to showcase your unique range of lifelong learning activities, providing deeper understanding of your skills and capabilities.
By doing so, you'll gain exclusive access to our weekly newsletter, filled with more awesome ways to unlock opportunity.
Get started today 👇